The Fed has just bailed out the world once again:
- FED, ECB, BOJ, BOE, SNB, BANK OF CANADA LOWER SWAP RATES – BBG
- ECB, FED other major central bank to lower the pricing of existing USD liquidity swaps by 50BPS
- The worldwide dollar crunch is now confirmed:
- At present, there is no need to offer liquidity in non-domestic currencies other than the U.S. dollar
And finally, a promise to bailout Bank of America when it hits $4.00 again:
- U.S. financial institutions currently do not face difficulty obtaining liquidity in short-term funding markets. However, were conditions to deteriorate, the Federal Reserve has a range of tools available to provide an effective liquidity backstop for such institutions and is prepared to use these tools as needed to support financial stability and to promote the extension of credit to U.S. households and businesses.
This means that the global situation is far, far more dire than the talking heads have said. When this step fails, which it will, Maybe Santa can come and bail us out.